Hi! 👋🏼 I'm Matt
I am a lifelong artist, born in San Francisco and raised in Santa Cruz.
I usually paint with acrylics on board or canvas. Surfing and the coast
have been favorite subjects of my art ever since I was young. I draw
inspiration from trips to Northern California, Big Sur, Hawaii, and
beyond. Great art, excellent design, and web publishing are all passions
of mine. I co-founded The Juice, a regional surfing magazine, and have
designed a few book covers. Currently, I work as a Digital Product
Designer. I can often be found in
Santa Cruz Monterey surfing or hiking/biking
around town, up the coast, or in the mountains. Here's me playing in the waves.
- minnieoleary.com is a site I made to keep my Mom's music available to hear and buy the sheet music - especially Songs of Self Esteem
- keeptheapostrophe.com is a site I made with my Dad to make some noise and help fix the issues folks with apostrophes (and anything else "non-standard") in their names face when using the web, signing up for apps and services, buying plane tickets, etc...
- Medium: Very occasional writings about surfing, design, etc.
- The Juice - Northern California's Surf Magazine ... a surf mag I created with Eric Mitchell a long time ago. This site is a work-in-progress. Plan is to make all the old back issues from the available for sale. Ping me if that is of interest to you!!
- mattoleary.design My Digital Product Design portfolio site.
- My LinkedIn